Monday 8 October 2012

Hakaan, AW12 RTW


Hakaan’s Autumn Winter 12 ready-to-wear 90’s inspired collection has completely blown me away. Loose leather trousers, leather biker all in one. Seriously, I am in love. The tough, androgynous feel contrasts with the feminine and futuristic silhouettes to create a chic and stylish go-to collection for the autumn months fast approaching. The bold shoulders, metallic aesthetics and padded quilting highlight Hakaan’s attention to detail and show his desire to celebrate the female body.
The collection focuses more on structure than colour with heavy paneling, zip detailing, pleating and peplum features. The muted tones of black, bronze, khaki, dark wine and metallic blue allow attention on the shapes to come to the forefront. Hakaan cleverly marries the boyish structure of the collection with feathers and silk, symbolising his love for the power and sexuality of women.
For me however, the element of Hakaan’s collection that should be celebrated most is how easy the clothes are to wear. The collection can stand alone, or work alongside other pieces allowing personality and individuality to come to the fore. I for one cannot wait to get my hands on a piece of this collection. I guess I’ll have to get saving.
Hakaan, I salute you. 






H. x

No comments:

Post a Comment