Monday 8 October 2012

Intern, Shimtern


You know the one. Young, naive intern desperate for her big break running around after self-righteous somebodies answering to their every need. That’s me. The intern part anyway, the latter not so much. (Thank God).
For about 2 months now I’ve been interning at Foundation Agency, a fashion sales and PR agency, and I’m enjoying it so much. So much infact, I thought it warranted a blog post. Lucky you!
It’s so exciting to get an insight into the nitty gritty, behind the scenes world of the fashion industry. Sitting in on buying appointments, attending trade shows, meeting some of my favourite designers including Olivia Rubin, and of course seeing all of the SS13 collections before anybody else (!) has been such an amazing opportunity.
One of my favourite projects so far at Foundation has to be creating a trend forecast representing three of the brands’ collections which are looked after at the agency. The project, I was told, was then to be sent to Trilogy, Anthropologie and Urban Outfitters. Not only that. I was picked to model the clothes for each of the brands. HOW EXCITING!!
The shoot took place on a rooftop in London. I had so much fun styling all the clothes and trying on all the gorgeous outfits. It really was a day to remember.
The internship has undoubtedly confirmed my love for fashion and my desire to work within the fashion industry in the future. The scary thing is, the future starts now. Yikes!


H. x

No comments:

Post a Comment